total contact time: 3 minutes
2. Place filter with the 3 folds facing the spout of the 3 Cup Chemex and rinse with water just off a boil.
3. Pour out the rinsing water making sure to keep the suction on the filter.
4. Pour grounds into filter, place on scale, tare to zero.
5. Start timer, add 35-40g of water, from outside into bloom the coffee.
6. Wait 45 seconds, add 40g water, breaking the bloom and let bed resettle until 1:15.
7. Pour a stream in a circle no bigger than a nickel.
8. Slurry will rise just above the halfway point of the cone.
9. Maintain this level until you reach 288g of water.
10. After the coffee liquid drains, (at 3 minutes) remove filter, swirl and pour.